- ANGOLA GOVT. ANNOUNCED PLANS TO BUILD 20 BRIDGES
- UGANDA GOVT. GIVE CONTRACTOR DEADLINE TO COMPLETE MASAKA MARKET PROJECT
- OGUN STATE EC APPROVED THREE KEY ROAD PROJECTS IN NIGERIA
- THE GAMBIA IGP INAUGURATE TWO NEW POLICE FACILITIES
- SEKGOMA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL REFURBISHED TO 24-HOURS CLINIC SERVICE IN BOTSWANA
Sudan government has announced that the GERD negotiation has resumed after a meeting was held.
According to the press release, “Negotiations on the Filling and Operations of the Great Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD), resumed on Monday the 10th of August, at the invitation of the African Union; in attendance are the experts and observers.
At the outset of the session, the Sudanese delegation demanded the postponement of the negotiations for one week in order to continue internal consultation its negotiating team has been engaged in.
The request submitted by the Sudanese delegation for the postponement of the negotiations for one week, has been related to the developments the negotiations have witnessed recently and to the messages exchanged between the parties involved in the negotiations and the need to expand the internal consultations prior to resumption of the negotiations.
The negotiation is set to continue as all three parties are yet to come to an agreement with regards the filling of the dam.
Source: Sudan News Agency
Click on the floating icon on the right to subscribe. More so, please share, Follow us on Twitter and don’t forget to also like us on Facebook