- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021: ENCOURAGING THE TOUGH DISCUSSIONS NEEDED TO DRIVE SA’S ECONOMIC RECOVERY
- CESA INFRASTRUCTURE INDABA 2021 DAY 2 HIGHLIGHTS COMPLEX REALITIES OF PROFESSIONALISING THE PUBLIC SERVICE: GROUP EFFORT ESSENTIAL TO PREVENT A FAILED STATE
- IS AFRICA’S ENERGY SECTOR READY FOR MORE DATA CENTRES?
- USD 13.9MILLION ELECTRICITY PROJECT INAUGURATED TO SUPPLY MORE THAN 12,000 HOMES IN COMOROS
- FIRST HOSPITAL SPECIALISED IN MATERNITY AND CHILDREN IN THE HORN OF AFRICA, DJIBOUTI
The Sustainable Infrastructure Development Symposium – South Africa (SIDS-SA) is the annual flagship event organised by the Investment and Infrastructure Office (IIO) within The Presidency.
The President of South Africa, Mr Cyril Ramaphosa is the convener of the event, and includes Government Ministers, large asset owners, leading private investors and fund managers, MDBs, developers, technology innovators, key advisors and more.
The main aim of the event is to facilitate alignment with the objectives of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) and South Africa’s National Development Plan (NDP) and to ensure access to greater and economical sources of sustainable funding. Further, it aims to highlight the digital sectors, agriculture and housing sectors which aligns with 10 of the 17 SDG’s (Infrastructure).
The event features in-depth debate on the latest developments around finance, sustainable infrastructure and the impact of new technology before drilling more deeply into specific sectors, including energy, cities and transport, with case studies showcasing ground-breaking projects, advanced technologies and emerging funding structures. Another key feature will be the “Marketplace”, a networking platform for leaders in infrastructure to pitch their ideas, projects or solutions to stakeholders across the value chain.