- KeNHA ANNOUNCED CLOSURE OF LANG'ATA ROAD FOR FOOTBRIDGE ERECTION IN KENYA
- ETHIOPIA PRIME MINSTER INAUGURATE NEWLY BUILT SCIENCE MUSEUM
- NIGERIA FIRST LADY CALLS FOR GOVT. TO TAKE OVER CONSTRUCTION OF PTSD MEDICAL CENTRE
- HOW AFRICA's OIL & GAS RESOURCES CAN HELP ACCELERATE ENERGY SECURITY
- GHANA ENGINEERING INSTITUTE SAYS MEMBERS NEEDS TO FIND INNOVATIVE SOLUTION TO DIFFERENT PROJECT
Technology tends to be the biggest factor influencing businesses today , said a top bank executive.
According to BNP Paribas Chairman Jean Lemierre “Technology is changing the way we operate. Technology will change competition, terms of competition and this is positive,”. He also said “We need to accept this, we need to invest, and we need to adapt.”
While speaking to CNBC, he added that technology will change jobs, rather than eliminate them.
He also said “We need to pay a lot of attention to, education, training, and adaptation. At the end of the day, it will be an element for growth and it will be positive. We shouldn’t see technology as negative, technology is a positive element for the world”.
In February, BNP Paribas said it planned to invest US$3.57 billion in digital technology over the next three(3) years.
“I do not belong to the group of people who think that technology will destroy jobs, technology will change the jobs,” according to Lemierre-BNP Paribas Chairman.