- PRESIDENT BUHARI FLAGS-OFF OF THE KANO – KATSINA – JIBIYA – MARADI RAIL LINE
- AFRICA LOOKS INWARD FOR SOLUTIONS AS CHINESE FUNDING SLOW DOWN
- SPOTLIGHT ON UGANDA'S ROAD, POWER AND WATER SECTOR LEADERS
- 3 COMMUNITY PROJECTS LAUNCHED BY PRESIDENT KENYATTA
- BUILDING BRIDGES INITIATIVES WILL INCREASE GRASSROOT DEVELOPMENT IN KENYA
TENDER NOTICE FOR WIDENING OF THE BERTIL HARDING HIGHWAY (DESIGN BUILD)
TENDER No. TNBHHP/Wks/NRA-001
1. The Government of The Gambia has received Loans (hereinafter called “Borrowers”) from Kuwait Fund For Arab Economic Development (KFAED), Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA), OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund), Abu-Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD), (hereinafter called “the Fund”) and intend to use part of this proceeds to widen the Bertil Harding Highway within the Greater Banjul Area to dual carriage with roundabout and interchanges. This project will be undertaken as a Design & Build Contract (FIDIC EPC/TURNEY: fixed price) with a construction period of 24 months split into two Sections. Secton I: Airport junction to Senegambia junction in 14 months. Section II: Senegambia junction to Sting corner in 10 months.
2. It is anticipated that the successful bidder will sign a fixed price Contract with the Ministry of Transport Works and Infrastructure under the Implementation/Execution of the National Roads Authority to provide the required design and construction services.
3. The EPC/Turnkey Contract approach will be adopted and the successful bidder shall apply due diligence in carrying out detailed investigations and preparation of detailed engineering designs on which the construction shall be based. The bidders are therefore encouraged to associate with other construction firms with the support of international consultancy firms to enhance their capabilities in these areas.
4. The Design and Construction Contract is expected to be completed within a period of twenty (24) Months split into 2 phases of 14 and 10 months respectively while the Defects Notification Period is 12 months.
5. Interested eligible candidates may obtain further information from the National Roads Authority Website https://nra.gm/tenders/ or inspect the tender documents at the Head located at Bijilo during normal working hours.
6. The Employer now invites sealed bids (“Bids”) from eligible entities or persons (“Bidders”) as detailed in the Tender Document to provide the Design-Build referenced above (the “Works”), which is being offered as a fixed price Contract.
7. A Bidder will be selected under the competitive bidding procedures described in the bidding documents associated with this IFB (the “Bidding Documents”).
8. Contractors are required to pay, a non-refundable fee of US$ 1,500 (or its equivalent in Gambian Dalasi) for the Tender documents. The payment shall be made in cash, a certified bank cheque in favor of the Employer (NRA).
9. Please note that a mandatory site visit SHALL be held on the 23rd February 2021.
10. All bids must be accompanied by 2% of the tender amount as a Bid Security
11. Completed tender documents are to be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked with tender reference number and be deposited in the Tender Box at the NRA Headquarters, on or before 25th March 2021 at 11.00 am
12. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives who choose to attend at the address in 10 above on or before the date indicated on the tender notice.
13. Further information and clarification on the bidding documents may be obtained at the NRA Head Quarters in Bijilo or on
Tel: 99.95.056 / 99.92.176 / 98.34.886
National Roads Authority