- USD 13.9MILLION ELECTRICITY PROJECT INAUGURATED TO SUPPLY MORE THAN 12,000 HOMES IN COMOROS
- FIRST HOSPITAL SPECIALISED IN MATERNITY AND CHILDREN IN THE HORN OF AFRICA, DJIBOUTI
- AMAZON'S NEW AFRICAN HQ IS BEING CONSTRUCTED IN SOUTH AFRICA
- THE AFRICAN OIL AND GAS SECTOR NEEDS AN ENERGY BOOST
- EGYPT EXPLORES SEA WATER DESALINATION TO OFFSET NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF GERD PROJECT
Thwake Multipurpose Dam is a project under the Tanathi Water Services Board (TAWSB) and entails harnessing of the fluctuating flows of the Athi River and the seasonal water from Thwake River. The dam will provide water supply for domestic, livestock, irrigation, hydropower and even industrial activities in the beneficiary districts. It will largely serve areas in Makueni and neighbouring districts but also certain parts of Kitui based on topography
With the completion of mega dam, over 1.3 million residents of lower eastern counties of Kitui, Makueni, Machakos will have access to clean treated water. The dam will also supply clean water to the upcoming Konza technopolis in addition to its use in irrigation and generation of 20MW of hydroelectric power.