- GHANA BECOMES FIRST WEST AFRICAN COUNTRY TO RECEIVE CORONAVIRUS VACCINES
- PRESIDENT BUHARI FLAGS-OFF OF THE KANO – KATSINA – JIBIYA – MARADI RAIL LINE
- AFRICA LOOKS INWARD FOR SOLUTIONS AS CHINESE FUNDING SLOW DOWN
- SPOTLIGHT ON UGANDA'S ROAD, POWER AND WATER SECTOR LEADERS
- 3 COMMUNITY PROJECTS LAUNCHED BY PRESIDENT KENYATTA
President Yoweri Museveni has been in power since 1986 after being involved in the rebellion that overthrew Idi Amin and Milton Obote. He has defied all odds to remain president by amending the constitution to scrap presidential term limits (2005), and the presidential age limit (2017). Indeed, President Yoweri Museveni is not tired of serving his beloved people.
President Museveni received over 5 million votes to secure his re-election bid. In this new term, He promises to make sure that more people get involved in wealth creation. Apparently, about 900,000 people have received support from operation wealth creation. Which he considers to be insufficient, while hoping to have covered 5 – 6 Million. Furthermore, President Museveni plans to push the Oil & gas industry in a bid to quickly give Uganda a middle income status. “We can get to the middle income status without oil but it makes this easier” – President Museveni. Finally, he is hoping to make education free for all.
We are going to push the Oil &gas industry and this will push Uganda quickly to the middle income status. We can get to the middle income status without oil but it makes this easier – President Museveni #NTVNews #UGDecides2021 pic.twitter.com/Jr2x6KcYb5
— NTV UGANDA (@ntvuganda) January 16, 2021