- NIGERIAN NAVY FLAG OFF CONSTRUCTION OF 237 HOUSING UNIT
- MALAWI WORKS MINISTERS SAYS ROAD CONSTRUCTION TO RESUME AFTER RAINNY SEASONS
- TARURA TASKED TO TAKE DISCIPLINARY ACTION AGANIST HOTELITATU-PANDE ROAD CONTRACTORS
- KNDA EMBARKED ON RECONSTRUCTION OF MAJOR ROADS IN GHANA
- UGANDA GOVT. HANDOVER LICENCE TO EACOP FOR CONSTRUCTION OF OIL PIPELINE
Owing to the over-topping during heavy rainfall, the Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) have kicked off reconstruction work on the soweto bridge over Klipspruit river, in Soweto.
According to statement by JRA, the bridge in Klipspruit West is known to bring traffic to a halt during heavy downpours, rendering it unsafe for pedestrians due to the increased water levels on low lying areas of the structure.
The bridge will be closed throughout the construction period which is from January 1st to December 31st, but traffic management plans have been set up and motorist have been advised to use alternative routes during the construction period as access will be restricted to only to property owners and pedestrians.
Property owners who will be allowed access are required to travel at a safe distance upon entry into the construction area, travel at reduced speeds, be aware of construction workers on site and adhere to traffic guidelines, flag people and signage.