- TWO TOWNS GETTING NEW FACELIFT DUE TO ROAD PROJECTS IN KENYA
- CALLS FOR ILLEGAL BRICK MAKERS TO BE EMBRACE INTENSIFIED IN ZIMBABWE
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS HANDLING NKHATA BAY MARKET PROJECT END TWO WEEKS STRIKE IN MALAWI
- ANGOLA GOVT. ANNOUNCE NEW ERA FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
- SA GOVT. OUTLINE STRATEGY TO PROTECT RAIL INFRASTRUCTURES
Mega hotel construction set to help the tourism sector in the country.
The hotel which is a 637-key five-star will constitute of a duty-free shop, cultural shop, an aviation museum and parking lots built on a 22,410sqm piece of land.
The project which is sponsored by the Ethiopia Airlines is considering hiring a consultant for the second phase project of incorporating a five-star hotel and duty-free mall on the plot located in front of the Millennium Hall. Additionally, its other hotel currently under construction is also located at the same place.
The hotel is expected to have rooms with acceptable international standard that will provide a good environment for tourists besides accommodating passengers during transits, layovers or technical delays.
Tourism has been a major sector in the economy of the country because it has acted as an engine for job creation and economic growth so the growing hotel construction promoted has encouraged interest in both business and leisure travels.
The project is expecting bidders to oversee both phases of the design, usage of shared facilities, landscaping designs, parking, security, check posts, entrances, and exits. The winning company is also expected to search for a recognized internationally chained management company.