- KeNHA ANNOUNCED CLOSURE OF LANG'ATA ROAD FOR FOOTBRIDGE ERECTION IN KENYA
- ETHIOPIA PRIME MINSTER INAUGURATE NEWLY BUILT SCIENCE MUSEUM
- NIGERIA FIRST LADY CALLS FOR GOVT. TO TAKE OVER CONSTRUCTION OF PTSD MEDICAL CENTRE
- HOW AFRICA's OIL & GAS RESOURCES CAN HELP ACCELERATE ENERGY SECURITY
- GHANA ENGINEERING INSTITUTE SAYS MEMBERS NEEDS TO FIND INNOVATIVE SOLUTION TO DIFFERENT PROJECT
Mega hotel construction set to help the tourism sector in the country.
The hotel which is a 637-key five-star will constitute of a duty-free shop, cultural shop, an aviation museum and parking lots built on a 22,410sqm piece of land.
The project which is sponsored by the Ethiopia Airlines is considering hiring a consultant for the second phase project of incorporating a five-star hotel and duty-free mall on the plot located in front of the Millennium Hall. Additionally, its other hotel currently under construction is also located at the same place.
The hotel is expected to have rooms with acceptable international standard that will provide a good environment for tourists besides accommodating passengers during transits, layovers or technical delays.
Tourism has been a major sector in the economy of the country because it has acted as an engine for job creation and economic growth so the growing hotel construction promoted has encouraged interest in both business and leisure travels.
The project is expecting bidders to oversee both phases of the design, usage of shared facilities, landscaping designs, parking, security, check posts, entrances, and exits. The winning company is also expected to search for a recognized internationally chained management company.