- GHANA PRESIDENT VISIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AT ADENTAN MUNICIPALITY
- PROVISION OF BUYER SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- COILED TUBING AND PUMPING FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- OPERATIONS WIRELINE SUPERINTENDENCE AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- POWER-2-POWER SUMMIT 2019
Ghana will be the first West African country to have a Neurosurgical Hospital for the treatment of brain-related diseases.
According to the report, Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia revealed the plans for the hospital after the meeting with the President of the Chinese Neurosurgical Board, Professor Ling Feng, at the Jubilee House, the Seat of the Presidency, in Accra.
Prof. Feng was accompanied by Mr Edward Boateng, Ghana’s Ambassador to China and Dr. Isabella Opoku, a Ghanaian Resident Neurosurgeon and Philanthropist, who held a fruitful discussion on the establishment of a Neurosurgical Hospital in the country.
The Vice President said Prof Feng and her team were in Ghana to work on the establishment of a Neurosurgical Hospital, which would be the first of its kind in the West African sub-region upon completion.
“Unfortunately, advanced neurological treatments are not available in West Africa because of the absence of such state-of-the-art facilities and this will be good for Ghana. We are going to move quickly to ensure the construction and operation of this neuroscience hospital,” said Dr Bawumia.