- PHCCIMA BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION SEMINAR
- USD 18 BILLION LNG BRASS TO BE RE-EVALUATED
- FIBERTEX AND SPECIFYING TECHNIQUES HOST CPD SEMINAR IN BOTSWANA
- BUILDING THE FUTURE: RESILIENT INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY FOR A SUSTAINABLE NIGER DELTA TOMORROW
- GHANA PRESIDENT VISIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AT ADENTAN MUNICIPALITY
World Bank announce Pierre Frank Laporte as new country director for Ghana, Liberia and Sierra leone.
Pierre Frank Laporte is the new country director for Ghana, Liberia and Sierra leone. According to the release, Pierre Frank Laporte who is from Seychelles, will be based in the World Bank’s Accra Office. The statement also reads that his appointment will takes effect from July 1, 2019.
The new position will ensure that Laporte lead the Bank’s strategic dialogue with Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone. He will also support the implementation of the World Bank’s Africa Region’s priorities. This priorities include deepen the policy dialogue, partnering with governments and key stakeholders, and oversee the delivery and implementation of the lending and non-lending portfolio.
Laporte was a former governor of the central Bank of Seychelles. He also hold a Masters’ Degree in Economics (with Distinction) from the University of Sheffield (UK) and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Economics with computing from the University of Surrey (UK).