- SOUTH AFRICA MOVES TO LEVEL 3, WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY?
- 45000 METRIC TONNES CASSAVA PROCESSING PLANT COMMISSIONED IN NIGERIA
- KENYA's KASARANI-MWIKI ROAD REPAIR BEGINS
- RESIDENT FLEE COMMUNITY AFTER CAMEROON MILITARY BEGAN CONSTRUCTION OF BASE
- NHC MOROCCO SQUARE TOWER CONSTRUCTION RESUME IN TANZANIA
Renovation works begins at Zimbabwe National Sport Stadium after failing CAF audit process.
Zimbabwe Government has started the refurbishing the National Sports Stadium in Harare. The refurbishing was deem necessary after Confederation of African Football (CAF) condemned it.
During a tour by high-powered government delegate, It was discovered that the pitch and some other area did not meet the standard. The team was led by Local Government and Public Works Minister July Moyo.
Meanwhile, with the government intervention, work has began on the stadium. Some artisans were on the ground, attending to the pitch, while other area like doping, medical and changing rooms will also be checked.
Acting Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation Minister Kazembe Kazembe said ”The doping, medical and changing rooms are all being dealt with and all work should be complete within the next 14 days. That the pitch is being attended to, the floodlights have already been attended to and are awaiting inspection.”
According to Kazembe, the renovation is target for completion in two weeks time.