- SOUTH AFRICA MOVES TO LEVEL 3, WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY?
- 45000 METRIC TONNES CASSAVA PROCESSING PLANT COMMISSIONED IN NIGERIA
- KENYA's KASARANI-MWIKI ROAD REPAIR BEGINS
- RESIDENT FLEE COMMUNITY AFTER CAMEROON MILITARY BEGAN CONSTRUCTION OF BASE
- NHC MOROCCO SQUARE TOWER CONSTRUCTION RESUME IN TANZANIA
President Mnangagwa held talks with President Ramaphosa over Zimbabwe Energy issues.
President Emmanuel Mnangagwa has held talks with President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa toward solving the nation energy problem. The bilateral meeting was to find a lasting solution to Zimbabwe power challenges.
During the meeting, President Mnangagwa announce that Energy and power minister Fortune Chasi will soon lead a delegate to South Africa. These delegates will finalise a new power deal that will ease electricity woes in the country.
President Emmanuel Mnangagwa said “We exchanged views on how we can deal with that issue. Of course, our Zesa owes Eskom quite a lot of money and they have been able to pay US$10 million last week to reduce that debt.’
The proposed new deal will help Zimbabwe as they have already paid Eskom US$10 million of its debt.