- GHANA PRESIDENT VISIT CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AT ADENTAN MUNICIPALITY
- PROVISION OF BUYER SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- COILED TUBING AND PUMPING FIELD SUPERVISION SERVICES AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- OPERATIONS WIRELINE SUPERINTENDENCE AT CHILEWA INVESTMENTS LIMITED
- POWER-2-POWER SUMMIT 2019
President Emmerson Mnangagwa to unveil SZCC’s tie and brick manufacturing plant.
President Emmerson Mnangagwa will today officially commission the brink and tile manufacturing plant at Sino Zimbabwe Cement Company. The official unveiling of the plant will enable additional competition to the industry.
During the announcement by Midlands Provincial Affairs Minister Senator Larry Mavima, the plant will also provide additional bricks and competition, which in turn will have an effect on pricing.
The aim of the plant will be to make bricks from the by-product of the cement manufacturing plant. This will contribute significantly in the campaign to go green as well as create employment opportunities.
SZCC managing director Mr Wang Yong said “Initially we will be producing 60 million bricks per annum. But when the entire project is complete, capacity will increase to 100 million bricks.”
The commissioning of the plant comes barely two weeks after President Mnangagwa commissioned US$62 million smelter at Unki Mines.
Currently, SZCC has about 400 employees and produces 300 000 tonnes of cement annually. SZCC is operating at 90 percent capacity utilisation and also plans to ramp up production.