- President Uhuru Unveiled Africa's largest Geothermal Plant
- Battle for influence in African infrastructure lending
- PHOTO UPDATE: ONGOING LAGOS-IBADAN RAIL CONSTRUCTION
- SHELL NIGERIA SIGNS DEAL WITH GP AND GACN TO SUPPORT ABA INTEGRATED POWER PROJECT
- CROSS RIVER GETS CERTIFICATION TO EXPORT MADE IN NIGERIA CLOTHING
Sphinx Airport on course to ease the pressure on Cairo International airport as inauguration looms.
Egypt’s Ministry of Aviation has begun the final phase of the sphinx airport in the country. The airport which will be the 333rd Egyptian airport an kick-off construction in 2016. It has also been register and calibrated by the ICAO.
The airport is at the Cairo-Alexandria desert road which is close to the Giza Pyramids and Grand Egyptian Museum. Meanwhile, the preparation for the unveiling is on track.
Sphinx International Airport will help ease and relieve some pressure on Cairo International Airport. It will also serves Giza, al-Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October city as well governorates such as Beni Suef, Fayoum and more.
A tour was organise recently by committee from the Egyptian Holding Company for Airports and Air Navigation. During the tour, the committee were brief of all the stages of operation before the official unveiling. Meanwhile according to reports, the unveiling will be within the coming weeks.
Should the government move there focus to another sectors as the nation already has so many airport?
Let’s hear your take in the comment section below.
Click here to see other related articles.