- SECURING SUSTAINABLE, QUALITY, AND INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS BY AFRICANS, FOR AFRICA
- STADE DE YAMOUSSOUKRO CONSTRUCTION IS NEARING COMPLETION
- EGYPT’S NEW CAR MARKET CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 4,000 CARS
- PHOTO UPDATE: CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND IN ADDIS ABABA
- ESWATINI LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE REHABILITATION OF ROADS
Bui Dam Authority has finalized agreement for the construction of 2.5 Megawatt solar farm.
The long discussion for the construction of the 2.5 megawatt solar farm for the University of Ghana has finally been concluded. Feasibility studies for the farm will soon start as the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed.
“We find it necessary to sign the MOU because we are now about to conduct the various studies needed to be done, before doing the actual project,” said Mr Fred Oware, Chief Executive Officer of the Bui Dam Authority.
Without the MoU it will be difficult to commit resources for the project. Mr Fred assured the school that they will do an excellent job on the project. The Pro-Vice-Chancellor, in charge of Research, Innovation and Development, University of Ghana, Professor Francis Dodoo, said they were expecting more productive partnership with the Authority. The project will supplement the University’s already existing hydroelectric power. Prof. Francis showed his gratitude for the farm.