- NAMIBIA GOVT. MAKING PLANS FOR CONSTRUCTION OF EARTH DAMS
- TATU CITY COMPLETE INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT WORTH SH1BILLION IN KENYA
- EGYPT PRESIDENT BRIEF ON CURRENT PROJECT DEVELOPMENT BY OFFICIALS
- MTN GHANA CUT SOD FOR CONSTRUCTION OF US$25 MILLION ICT HUB
- CONSTRUCTION OF NEW EAC BUILDING GATHERING PACE IN TANZANIA
27,800 METRIC TONNES OF CEMENT CLINKER TO SENEGAL IS THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA
The historic maiden voyage of 27,800 metric tonnes of Cement Clinker to Senegal marks the beginning of a new era in the improvement of intra-regional trade within the ECOWAS region. Dangote export terminal in Apapa Port (Lagos) is taking advantage of the African Continental Free Trade Area to boost Africa’s trading position in the global market.
Speaking during the departure, Group Executive Director, Dangote Group, Sada Ladan-Baki said
This is just a tip of the ice-berg as to what we have in plan. What we have in plan is to send clinker from Nigeria to Ivory Coast, Cameroon and Ghana. Cameroon as an example, takes about 82,000 metric tonnes every month. Our target is to export at least 4 million metric tonnes of clinker annually to various parts of Africa.
As at 2011, Nigeria was spending billions importing 5.1 metric tonnes of cement annually. Now the nation has begun export of cement clinker [stony] from Apapa to Senegal. This plan to export 4 million metric tonnes from Nigeria to other African countries will create more jobs. pic.twitter.com/dwn89bKxsJ
— ᴏᴍᴀsᴏʀᴏ ᴀʟɪ ᴏᴠɪᴇ™☤🇸🇴 (@OvieSheikh) June 15, 2020