- TWO TOWNS GETTING NEW FACELIFT DUE TO ROAD PROJECTS IN KENYA
- CALLS FOR ILLEGAL BRICK MAKERS TO BE EMBRACE INTENSIFIED IN ZIMBABWE
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS HANDLING NKHATA BAY MARKET PROJECT END TWO WEEKS STRIKE IN MALAWI
- ANGOLA GOVT. ANNOUNCE NEW ERA FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
- SA GOVT. OUTLINE STRATEGY TO PROTECT RAIL INFRASTRUCTURES
As the world continues to develop it’s infrastructures via different means, The city of Kigali in Rwanda is calling on real estate developer to invest in green building in the city.
According to city officials, there is need for structures that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient from design, construction, maintenance and renovation.
The city currently have ‘Nyarutarama Plaza’ which is the first certified green commercial Building. However, officials keep wondering what would it take to actualize the projections and plans of more green building?
Marie Solange Muhirwa, the Chief of Urban Planning in Kigali city has advised that in order to increase more green buildings in the city, the enforcement of Rwanda Green Building Minimum Compliance regulations will be applied.
Quoting Muhirwa, “There is a need for capacity building of construction sector stakeholders on green building best practices and achieving regulatory requirements.”
Read full details on NewTimes