Depot Engineer vacancy available at Kenya Port Authority.
Kenya Port Authority (KPA) is seeking for a Depot Engineer to oversee maintenance and also repair of all ICD’s plant equipment, electrical, and civil in Nairobi.
KPA is a state corporation with the responsibility to “maintain, operate, improve and regulate all scheduled seaports in Kenya.
1. Reporting to the Head of Inland Container Depot,
2. Be the Head of the technical section, supervise and also coordinate the activities of Mobile Plant and Vehicles, Electrical and Civil unit heads.
- Handling administrative, maintenance and repair matters in the Engineering section within the Depot
- Preparing annual performance appraisal reports for subordinates.
- Coordinating all the planned preventive and also corrective maintenance in the section
- Initiating all the development projects in the Depot.
- Ensuring proper safety procedure implementation and safe/clean environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder in Mechanical or Electrical and Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering or Automotive Engineering or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Must be registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with a current annual practicing license.
- Be a valid member with the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in overseeing maintenance and repair work of equipment with at least three (3) years served at supervisory level.
Kenya Ports Authority gives Equal Opportunity to all Employees. KPA also commits to diversity and gender equality.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Only applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
Application Deadline: 26 February 2019.
For more details click Here