- SECURING SUSTAINABLE, QUALITY, AND INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS BY AFRICANS, FOR AFRICA
- STADE DE YAMOUSSOUKRO CONSTRUCTION IS NEARING COMPLETION
- EGYPT’S NEW CAR MARKET CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 4,000 CARS
- PHOTO UPDATE: CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND IN ADDIS ABABA
- ESWATINI LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE REHABILITATION OF ROADS
Kieni constituency to build level four hospital after securing funds from Ministry of health in Kenya.
Kenya’s Kieni constituency has secure fund for the construction of a level four hospital. The fund which is worth US$541k (Sh30 million) will help them have another existing level four hospital in the constituency.
Kieni MP Kanini Kega made the announcement after telling residents that the ministry of health has allocated the fund. He said that the hospital building will be at Kiawara after the constituency purchased a 10-acre piece of land.
WHY CONSTRUCT THE HOSPITAL?
The aim of the hospital will be to ease congestion at the Nyeri County Referral Hospital. It will also save patients the burden of travelling for over 50 kilometres to access medical care in public facilities.
The construction of the hospital will be the first big hospital in the area since independence as the constituency has only health centres and dispensaries. However once it becomes operational, the hospital will be used to train students studying at Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC).
Kanini Kega said “Kieni Constituency accounts for 52 percent of Nyeri County and is the only constituency without a level four hospital. We have started with setting up a level four facility in Naro Moru and my government will allocate more funds towards the second hospital at Kiawara.”