- KENYA SCOUTS FOR INTERNATIONAL LENDERS TO SPONSOR WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE FOOTBRIDGE.
- PILE LOAD TESTING ONGOING FOR GARRISON FLYOVER
- KENYA BEGINS THE SECOND PHASE OF THE RAILWAY PROJECT
- SOUTH AFRICA's POWER CUT WILL CONTINUE UNTIL ESKOM TACKLES THE CHALLENGES AT HAND
- 2.5 MEGAWATT SOLAR FARM FOR UNIVERSITY OF GHANA
Parliament pass loan bill for electricity expansion in Malawi.
Malawi parliament has passed a loan bill that will enable them borrow fund for the nation electricity expansion. The bill for the loan which is worth US$150m will aim to increase access to electricity in Malawi.
According to Minister of Finance Joseph Mwanamvekha the project has three component; like grid electrification, off grid market development fund and technical support.
During the meeting, the loan bill was passed unanimously. While, the house also authorize the government to borrow €80m and €15.5m from the European Investment Bank.
However, this fund will be use to rehabilitate the Kamuzu International Airport, Mzimba turn off road and Kacheche-Chiweta road.
Click on the floating icon on the right to subscribe. More so, please share, Follow us on Twitter and don’t forget to also like us on Facebook. Read more on Malawi