- GHANA BECOMES FIRST WEST AFRICAN COUNTRY TO RECEIVE CORONAVIRUS VACCINES
- PRESIDENT BUHARI FLAGS-OFF OF THE KANO – KATSINA – JIBIYA – MARADI RAIL LINE
- AFRICA LOOKS INWARD FOR SOLUTIONS AS CHINESE FUNDING SLOW DOWN
- SPOTLIGHT ON UGANDA'S ROAD, POWER AND WATER SECTOR LEADERS
- 3 COMMUNITY PROJECTS LAUNCHED BY PRESIDENT KENYATTA
Parliament pass loan bill for electricity expansion in Malawi.
Malawi parliament has passed a loan bill that will enable them borrow fund for the nation electricity expansion. The bill for the loan which is worth US$150m will aim to increase access to electricity in Malawi.
According to Minister of Finance Joseph Mwanamvekha the project has three component; like grid electrification, off grid market development fund and technical support.
During the meeting, the loan bill was passed unanimously. While, the house also authorize the government to borrow €80m and €15.5m from the European Investment Bank.
However, this fund will be use to rehabilitate the Kamuzu International Airport, Mzimba turn off road and Kacheche-Chiweta road.
Click on the floating icon on the right to subscribe. More so, please share, Follow us on Twitter and don’t forget to also like us on Facebook. Read more on Malawi