- GHANA BECOMES FIRST WEST AFRICAN COUNTRY TO RECEIVE CORONAVIRUS VACCINES
- PRESIDENT BUHARI FLAGS-OFF OF THE KANO – KATSINA – JIBIYA – MARADI RAIL LINE
- AFRICA LOOKS INWARD FOR SOLUTIONS AS CHINESE FUNDING SLOW DOWN
- SPOTLIGHT ON UGANDA'S ROAD, POWER AND WATER SECTOR LEADERS
- 3 COMMUNITY PROJECTS LAUNCHED BY PRESIDENT KENYATTA
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics, and motion. They also serve customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. ABB is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be part of Power Grids business based in the 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt. Reporting to Engineering Manager.
You as a Mechanical Design Engineer will be part of Power Grids business based in 10th of Ramadan City, Egypt. Reporting to Engineering Manager, you are responsible for conducting Electrical engineering activities in all allocated markets in order to meet company target figures & KPIs.
- Creating mechanical designs based on customer specifications and factory requirements.
- 3D modeling and creating technical drawings of mechanical parts for transformers.
- Preparation of technical documentation and implementation of material bills for the production system.
- Identifying any problems or errors in the design system and to work with the system engineer to correct.
- Participating in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures & corrective actions.
- Preparing reports and related documents in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- Working closely with the design team and implement design development rules in ABB software.
- Providing timely mechanical engineering support to the Engineering dept. (& other depts. as required) for day to day operations.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience working with transformers preferably or in another design-related environment.
- Experience of working in a distribution transformer design environment.
- Fluency in both spoken & written English & Arabic languages is required.
- Knowledge of French will be appreciated.
- Strong proficiency in working with Creo CAD tools.
- Recent experience with performing 3D modeling, 2D mechanical designs, sheet metal modeling.
- Working knowledge of programming concepts is an advantage.
- Strong attitude for using basic computer applications (e.g. MS-Office).
- Capability in handling the changes, and drive it through the projects, Organizations, and communications.
For more details Click HERE