- SECURING SUSTAINABLE, QUALITY, AND INNOVATIVE INFRASTRUCTURE SOLUTIONS BY AFRICANS, FOR AFRICA
- STADE DE YAMOUSSOUKRO CONSTRUCTION IS NEARING COMPLETION
- EGYPT’S NEW CAR MARKET CAN ACCOMMODATE UP TO 4,000 CARS
- PHOTO UPDATE: CONSTRUCTION OF MODERN BOARDING SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND IN ADDIS ABABA
- ESWATINI LAUNCHES NATIONWIDE REHABILITATION OF ROADS
Beitbridge-Harare Road rehabilitation on track in Zimbabwe
Rehabilitation process is on track for the Beitbridge-Harare Road in Zimbabwe. The project will help connect resident in Harare to different part of the nation. Meanwhile, It will be under the Central Mechanical Equipment Department (CMED).
The rehabilitation which is worth US$700 000 have a deadline of three-and-a-half years for completion. According to the Minister of Transport and Infrastructural Development Joel Biggie Matiza the project will be monitor all the time.
Joel Biggie Matiza said “As you can see we have now finished the detour and we are working on the actual road. He also said we are hoping that by using such machines we will be able to meet our timelines”
The Rehabilitation is part of the President’s 2030 Vision of having good road network. It will also fall under the national development projects.
CMED Chief Executive, Davison Mhaka said “Today we have only one reclaimer, but by year end, we will make sure we have three of these. He also said that We will also bring in new graders, tippers, pavers, bowsers and compactors for the project.”
Mhaka said more equipment will be procured to ensure that the road is done perfectly during his site visit.