- CONSULTANCY FIRM APPOINTED TO DESIGN THE GAMBIA 50KM URBAN ROAD PROJECT
- FACING WORK AT MAURITIUS's RICHELIEU OPEN PRISON TO BE COMPLETED IN 2021
- PROTEST ERUPTS AFTER GOVT. FAILED PROMISE IN SA
- PROVISION OF SUBSEA INTERVENTION VESSEL IN SUPPORT OF DEEPWATER OPERATIONS
- PROVISION OF RIG AND DRILLING ANCILLIARY SERVICES FOR WESTERN ASSETS
Government of Rwanda sign grant with Netherland for port construction at Lake Kivu
Plans are in motion for the construction of four ports at Lake Kivu. This was announced by Rwanda Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN) via its official twitter handle.
The project will have a grant agreement that was signed between the government and Netherlands. According to the grants, Netherland will co-finance 45% of the fund needed to construct the project.
Today Gov't of #Rwanda signed grant arrangement with the Netherlands to co-finance 45% of the construction of four ports at Lake Kivu. The four ports & their facilities will improve ferry and cargo transport between the Rwandan ports also expected to boost trade in Rwanda & DRC. pic.twitter.com/xU9fAlXCdH
— Ministry of Finance & Economic Planning (@RwandaFinance) November 29, 2019
The aim of the port will be to improve ferry and cargo transport between the Rwandan ports. It is also expected to boost trade in Rwanda & Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Lake Kivu already has a good attraction when it comes to tourism which is a plus to the area. The project will surely improve trade, maritime transport and tourism around the lake.