- 10th Young Professionals Sustainability Imbizo happening In-Person
- ENGINEERS READY FOR BRIDGE CONNECTION PROJECT IN LIBERIA
- GHANA PRESIDENT CUT SOD FOR VACCINE MANUFACTURING FACILTIES IN RWANDA
- CONSTRUCTION OF TWO MINISTRY IN NAMIBIA ABANDONED DUE TO POOR WORKMANSHIP
- ETHIOPIA TELL EU TO RECONSIDER ITS BIASE STANCE ON GERD PROJECT
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Strengthening African Processors for Food Fortification (SAPFF) is a program with TechnoServe and Partners in Food Solutions that looks to increase compliance of food processors to meet national food fortification standards. The program will (1) strengthen the ability of food processors to comply with the national fortification standards, and (2) strengthen the food fortification enabling environment that allows for the healthy, competitive and effective production of fortified foods. The role of the SBA will be to work alongside the technical team and support the business elements necessary for the successful integration of fortification into their businesses.
- Responsible for business-related activities in support of assisted food processors within the SAPFF program; reporting to the lead food technologist;
- Lead and facilitate the business component of the technology and knowledge transfer to assist food processors to more effectively and efficiently comply with fortification standards, including customized business advice with select processors as well as facilitate broader business related training to the sector through workshops;
- Support business growth planning with assisted food processors, including marketing strategies, business planning, capital raising, equipment procurement, profit and loss forecasting, finance, market and operational planning; and
- Support linkages to the program’s matching grant fund and assist processors in meeting and managing terms.
Project Coordination and Personnel Management:
- Coordinate with lead food technologist providing business support to their technical advice and overall implementation of business objectives to meet program deliverables;
- Coordinate with the Project Accountant and lead food technologist on selecting and supporting eligibility to SAPFF’s matching grant fund;
- Interface with other country and regional staff to share lessons, best practices and refine our engagement model for optimal efficiency and impact;
- Participate in team meetings with the program and implementing partners to track progress, share learnings and provide input on the business component of our support to local food processors;
- Produce statistical and narrative reports for internal and external consumption, including success stories, challenges, case studies and impact results against selected indicators; and
- Identify business knowledge gaps in the local food processing industry and, with our chosen partners, facilitate the design and delivery of training modules.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in business-related studies;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business development, finance or economics in the private sector;
- Experience in financial management, business diagnostics, business ratios, business plan development, conducting profit and loss analysis, loan requirements and loan management;
- Ability to quickly grasp the financial health and business needs of a company and translate these into corrective steps;
- Project management skills and ability to work in a team;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to advise and coach senior company representatives on business capacity building needs and advice;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports;
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships;
- Fluency in English required;
- Demonstrated experience in the Private Sector;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
For more details click Here