- CONTRACT AWARDED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF KATSINA-DUTSIN-MA-KANKARA ROAD
- LARGEST LUXURY HOUSING ESTATE IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA DEVELOPED BY A GAMBIAN
- JESHIKA RAMCHUND SPEAKS ON THE NEED TO MAKE STEM AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP A FIRST CHOICE
- YOUNG ENGINEERS LEADING THE WAY: VIDEO CAMPAIGN
- EXPERTS ANALYSE THE KEY TO AFRICA'S POST COVID-19 ECONOMIC PROSPERITY
President Museveni has commissioned the 150.3kms Soroti–Moroto road which is worth sh646bn.
During the ceremony, President Museveni said the project was fully funded by the government. That the road will reduce travel time between Soroti to Moroto and spur development in Karamoja.
Also commissioned the newly-tarmacked Soroti–Moroto Road (150.3kms), which was fully funded by our government. This road will reduce travel time between Soroti to Moroto and spur development in Karamoja. I also broke ground for upgrading the Soroti-Lokinyatara Road. @UNRA_UG pic.twitter.com/ocGvKbA2kh
— Yoweri K Museveni (@KagutaMuseveni) November 21, 2020
According to the ministry of works, this road becomes part of the total 3,000 kilometers of major roads across roads constructed and rehabilitated in recent times.
State Minister for work Peter Lokeris was representing minister of Works and Transport, Gen. Edward Katumba Wamala at the occasion.
Lokeris, during the commissioning, told the President that the Soroti -Moroto road project is part of the National Roads Network implemented in two sections with the first section of 100 kilometers traversing the Districts of Soroti, Amuria, and Katakwi up to Akisim in Napak District, while the second Section of 50.3km traverses through Akisim in Napak to Moroto.
Read full details on New Vision