- USD 13.9MILLION ELECTRICITY PROJECT INAUGURATED TO SUPPLY MORE THAN 12,000 HOMES IN COMOROS
- FIRST HOSPITAL SPECIALISED IN MATERNITY AND CHILDREN IN THE HORN OF AFRICA, DJIBOUTI
- AMAZON'S NEW AFRICAN HQ IS BEING CONSTRUCTED IN SOUTH AFRICA
- THE AFRICAN OIL AND GAS SECTOR NEEDS AN ENERGY BOOST
- EGYPT EXPLORES SEA WATER DESALINATION TO OFFSET NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF GERD PROJECT
Nigeria vice president and some high profile individuals flag-off the bonny-bodo road project in bonny island.
Bonny local government and bodo city which are both located in Rivers state, Nigeria will finally have a road project which has been abandon for over 40 years to be constructed after the ground breaking ceremony was held yesterday with the vice president of the country, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and most notable personality in attendance.
The project which is jointly funded by the Federal Government and the Nigerian Liquidfied Natural Gas (NLNG) after an agreement was signed with the Bonny Kingdom and the Federal Government, where NLNG will contribute N60bn and the FG will contribute the same amount for the construction of the 40km road over the next four years.
According to the vice president, Prof.yemi osinbajo; “Bonny-Bodo road project is very important to us to Nigeria and this project is part of Niger Delta New Vision”.
According to him, “Bonny-Bodo road project is part of the unprecedented over N1.2trillion infrastructure spend of the Buhari administration.”
The vice president was accompanied by the Minister for Power, Babatunde Fashola, Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and Senator Magnus Abe.
The project was awarded to Julius burger based on their experience and history.